NDCC Grand Parade presents
The Gavlar GP.
A Tribute to Gavin Moore
In association with the PSNI and See the Cyclist Campaign.
Sunday 27th August 2017.
RE: Press Release.
North Down Cycling Club would like to inform those parties interested, of a tribute ride dedicated to the untimely passing of our colleague on the 11th July 2017. The Date of the event was to be NDCC’s signature annual open road race. This has been cancelled as a mark of respect to Gavin, who was this years lead organiser.
In its replacement there will be a Grand Parade of NDCC’s membership base through our home town ‘Bangor.’ This will be followed by several smaller traditional club rides throughout the locality, resulting in a mass meeting in Donaghadee with other local clubs for a small tribute on the Pier and also to highlight in association with the PSNI, the ‘See the Cyclist’ Campaign. It is hoped the use of the Lighthouse will highlight the need to be seen.
Representatives of Newspaper Companies, TV Channels, Local Radio and freelance journalists are cordially invited to attend, to highlight the greater need of respectful and safe use of our roads.
The Gavlar GP will take place on Sunday 27th August as follows:
- 9.15am for a Grand Depart 9.30am. Club members will gather at McKee Clock, Bangor emblazoned in the NDCC Club Colours.
- A Grand Parade of club members will be escorted by the PSNI along Seacliff Rd, Sheridan Dr, Groomsport Rd. All riders will turn left into the Banks Lane car park.
- Ride leaders will be appointed and groups of NDCC riders will set off in groups of no more than 20 riders per group at predetermined intervals. The ride leaders will plan a ramble route within the quiet roads of the peninsula. The intention of this is to minimise traffic congestion, with each group being asked to take different routes.
- At 12midday, ALL groups will converge in Donaghadee, and will make there way onto the lighthouse pier for photo shoot and ‘#seethecyclist’ press opportunity.
- Upon dispersal, light refreshments will be provided in Donaghadee Community Center where donations will also be accepted for ‘Cardio Myopathy UK.’
Please note, the family will not be available for interviews, but alternatively can be done through the club representatives.
Thank You for your Patience and Understanding.